about the band
The band plays venues of all sizes from small pub gigs to larger music venues, including the HMV Picture House in Edinburgh with its 1,000 capacity. The Band regularly performe at many notable venues such as the Edinburgh Jam House, Edinburgh Jazz Bar, Glasgow Renfrew Ferry, Pitlochry Festival Theatre, Brunton Theatre in Musselburgh and Regal Theatre in Bathgate. In addition, the band has appeared at many Scottish music Festivals, including Edinburgh International Jazz and Blues, Fife Music Festival, Darvel, Callander, Montrose, Arbroath and Culros (Supporting CARAVAN)
Music played is drawn from a wide range of influences from the older blues legends such as BB King, Freddie King to more modern blues performers like Sean Costello, Bill Perry, Mike Zito, Warren Haynes and Robert Ward.
Example Set list:
Sets are selected from a wide repertoire of songs, normally performing two 45 minute sets, selected to suit the audience. Sets include original numbers and songs such as:
• Black Cat Bone (Albert Collins)
• Too Tired (Johnny "Guitar" Watson)
• Hard Luck Woman (Sean Costello)
• Before the Bullets fly (Warren Haynes)
• Fade to Blue (Bill Perry)
• Tin Pan Alley (Bob Geddins)
• Peace of Mind (Robert Ward)
• Got A Broken Heart (Walter Trout)
• Last Dirty Deal (Coco Montoya)
• Old Love (Eric Clapton/ Robert Cray)
• Cold Bed (Original)
• Breaking up Someone's Home (A. Jackson & T. Matthews)
..... and many, many more.
The band use professional quality instruments and back line and, when required, can provide their own PA system.
"Great support band for our Edinburgh gig, Fantastic sound & energy", Caravan (HMV) (2011)
"Great live blues band, can’t wait to have you back" Dexters, Dundee (2012)
"So tight you couldn't slide a Rizla between them. Great Gig." Ian Rankin,
author of the Inspector Rebus novels (2012)